Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Qatar University Postgraduate Scholarships 2023 for international students of outstanding academic performance willing to study in Qatar.
The Qatar University Postgraduate Scholarships offer fully-funded awards to international students as a full tuition waiver and a 6,000 QR in annual stipends.
The scholarship recipients are also eligible to a university student accommodation and an annual round travel air flight ticket.
About Qatar University
Qatar University is a public research university located on the northern outskirts of Doha, Qatar. It is the only public university in the country. The university hosts ten colleges – Arts and Sciences, Business and Economics, Education, Engineering, Law, Sharia and Islamic Studies, Pharmacy, College of Health Science, College of Medicine, College of Dental Medicine, and College of Pharmacy.
The university serves on behalf of the government and private industry to conduct regional research, particularly in areas of the environment and energy technologies. Qatar University has a student body of fifty-two nationalities, 65% of which are Qatari nationals. About 35% are children of expats.
Women make up approximately 70% of the student population, and are provided their own set of facilities and classrooms. QU has an alumni body of over 30,000 graduates and an active student body of over 20,000 students.
Qatar University Postgraduate Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: Qatar
- Category: Masters | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- 6,000 QR Living Stipends
- Air travel + Visa fees
- Deadline: September 29, 2022
Qatar University offers this scholarship to academically distinguished students who apply to undergraduate programs.
The applicant is requested to apply to this scholarship during the announced application period. Applicants for this scholarship are selected on a competitive basis.
To be considered for the Qatar University Postgraduate Scholarships, candidates must satisfy the following:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- Applicant must receive the Final Acceptance (Not Provisional Admission) in the university.
- Applicant should not get benefit from this scholarship and another sponsorship/scholarship simultaneously.
- The student must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- The student must successfully complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- The student must remain registered continuously (in Fall and Spring) until graduation.
- Recipients of the scholarship are expected to adhere to academic regulations, policies, and procedures of Qatar University.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Exemption from tuition fees
- Exemption from textbook fees
- 500 QR monthly salary
- Student housing (two students per room) including transportation to/from campus.
- Annual round trip air fare ticket
- Residence permit under QU sponsorship
- The scholarship should be utilized starting from the semester in which the scholarship was awarded. If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be terminated and the student will be informed by QU email.
To apply for the Qatar University Postgraduate Scholarships, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- High school transcripts
- Two Recommendation Letters.
- Passport Photo Page
- English proficiency certificate – TOEFL or IELTS (optional).
Method of Application
All graduate applicants to Qatar University are required to apply to their intended program of study using the QU online admission application. Kindly go through the following step-by-step application process.
Step 1: Submit your Online Admission Application
Step 2: Receive a letter of acknowledgment to confirm the receipt of your application.
Step 3: Application Review and Interview
Step 4: Submit all official documents
Step 5: Applicants receive an official letter with the admissions decision.
Interested and qualified applicants should click on the button below to commence their application.