The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) is offering the MEXT scholarship to eligible international students to study at the Asia Pacific University.
The fully-funded MEXT Scholarship at Asia Pacific University will cover the full fees of admission and tuition for eligible candidates and will further provide an annual stipend of $12,724 at JPY144,000 per month.
Japan is an island country in East Asia. It is situated in the northwest Pacific Ocean and is bordered on the west by the Sea of Japan while extending from the Sea of Okhotsk in the north toward the East China Sea, the Philippine Sea, and Taiwan in the south.
The global reputation in Japan in terms of innovation and research is reflected in the fact that almost 40 of its institutions are ranked among the World’s Top 200 universities. Secondly, Japan is ranked first in the Top 10 Places to Study Abroad in Asia for experiencing a new culture and second overall in Asia
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation is a private university. It was formed in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology and was renamed in 2004 after being granted University College status to Asia Pacific University College of Technology and Innovation.
MEXT scholarship Summary
- Host Country: Japan
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship, Tuition + Admission fees, $12,724 Annual Stipends, Airfare Ticket
- Deadline: November 16, 2022
MEXT scholarship Details:
This scholarship is awarded to outstanding international students who are recommended by APU.
The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) provides this scholarship to enhance international competitiveness and promote the active exchange of international students in Japanese universities.
MEXT scholarship Requirements:
To be considered for the MEXT Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student eligible to study in Japan
- Be a national of a MEXT designated country
- Be born on or after April 2, 1988
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
- Those who are serving on active military duty or civilians employed by the military at the time of application are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan during the arrival period stipulated by APU.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot have received a MEXT scholarship in the past unless they have more than 3 years of educational research experience after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship award.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship cannot receive a scholarship from another scholarship organization while studying at APU.
- Recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their status of residence (visa status) in Japan.
- The score validity period requirement for the English Proficiency Test Score: Only scores of examinations taken on or after March 24, 2021, will be accepted.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Full admission fee
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Method of Application
- Submit the APU application by November 16, 2022 (for September 2023 Enrollment). April enrollment is not available. Additional documents are not required to be considered for this scholarship.
- APU reviews application documents and selects outstanding candidates to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants selected to be recommended for this scholarship are notified with their final APU application results.
- Selected applicants complete and submit additional MEXT application documents to APU.
- The final scholarship award results are decided by MEXT.
Click on the button below to commence your application.