The 2022 Bavarian Government Scholarships are currently open for international students to study in Germany.
The Bavarian Government Scholarships provide eligible students the opportunity to study with scholarship support of €12,000 per year while studying in Germany.
Bavaria officially the Free State of Bavaria is a state in southeast Germany. With an area of 70,550.19 km2 (27,239.58 sq mi), Bavaria is the largest German state by land area, comprising roughly a fifth of the total land area of Germany.
With over 13 million inhabitants, it is second in population only to North Rhine-Westphalia, but due to its large size, its population density is below the German average. Bavaria’s main cities are Munich (its capital and the largest city and also the third largest city in Germany), Nuremberg, and Augsburg.
Bavarian Government Scholarships Summary
- Host Country: Germany
- Category: Undergraduate | Postgraduate | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: €12,000 per year
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
Under the condition of reception of financial means from the Bavarian Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts (Bayerische Staatsministerium für Bildung und Kultus, Wissenschaft und Kunst) and the DAAD (Stibet III), Hochschule Hof gives semester or yearly scholarships to qualified foreign students in need for the summer semester 2022 and/ or winter semester 2022/2023.
The Bavarian Government provides funding for foreign full-time students in diploma and master’s degree courses.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- be enrolled as full-time students or double-degree students (not possible for exchange students) at the Hochschule Hof University of Applied Sciences for the respective semester
- be academically (previous examination performance) and personally qualified. Foreign students enrolled in Bachelor courses must have achieved a minimum of 90 ECTS to be eligible.
- be in financial need.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarships shall provide financial support for foreign students to cover extra costs for living and study materials during their studies at Hochschule Hof.
- The scholarship depends on the financial means provided available for the respective semester. It lies between 100,00 € – 659,00 € per month.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Online application form
- Proof of enrolment
- Latest transcript of records (Master students add a copy of their final transcript of their Bachelor’s degree in either German or English language) with an average rating
- Cover letter with a short CV
- Proof of nationality (e.g. copy of passport)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.